Wick Hill announces the availability of WatchGuard’s Fireware XTM 11.4 and WSM 11.4, which provide businesses with powerful new ways to control their security.
WatchGuard has made significant enhancements to most major areas of product functionality, including security, centralised management, authentication, reporting, and wireless.
* Application Control - The newest security subscription for all WatchGuard XTM 2, 5, 8, and 1050 appliances, allows fine-grained management of thousands of applications including Skype, Facebook, YouTube and more
* New centralised management features - These simplify the task of deploying security policies across multiple appliances. Templates are more flexible than ever, with inheritance and override settings that allow nuanced policies to be deployed across one, some, or all appliances under centralized management.
* Configuration History and Rollback - For devices under centralized management, the new configuration history and rollback features give the administrator the ability to “turn back the clock” and revert to a previous configuration when using the WSM Management Server
* New authentication features - These help ensure that every user or group has the correct security policy. They include the ability to authenticate users who are on Microsoft Terminal Servers or Citrix servers, support for multiple Active Directory groups, 802.1x authentication for the XTM 2 Series Wireless models, and more
* Enhanced IPS - This provides rock-solid security with greater efficacy and ease of configuration; IPS can now be configured independent of the security proxies
* New reporting functionality - This includes reports on Application Control and on several other functional areas, such as DHCP lease activity
* Rogue wireless access point detection for the XTM 2 Series Wireless models
In addition to the features listed above, 11.4 includes numerous smaller enhancements and bug fixes in many different areas of Fireware and WSM. Active LiveSecurity subscribers can upgrade to Fireware XTM 11.4 free of charge.