AlienVault has announced the release of the first AlienVault Unified Security Management (USM) virtual appliance. AlienVault’s USM platform is a collection of the best open source tools for asset discovery, vulnerability assessment, threat detection, behavioral monitoring and security intelligence. These essential security capabilities—all included in the new USM virtual appliance—are pre-integrated and tuned to provide complete security visibility and threat management through an easy-to-use management console. A free trial of the USM virtual appliance is available immediately for download from the company’s website, and affordable new pricing options put USM within easy reach of any security budget.
“AlienVault’s new virtual appliance reduces complexity, making it easy for a company of any size to gain immediate security visibility, compliance and threat management capabilities in just a few quick steps,” said Russell Spitler, Vice President of Product Management at AlienVault. “By offering both physical and virtual appliances, AlienVault gives companies the flexibility to choose which Unified Security Management solution is best for their environment.”
Key features of the AlienVault Unified Security Management virtual appliance include:
* Five essential security capabilities including asset detection, vulnerability assessment, threat detection, behavioral monitoring and security intelligence built-in for comprehensive security visibility and threat protection.
* Compatibility with VMware ESXi and Proxmox virtual environments.
* Simpler HIDS deployment for distributed environments, as well as enhanced and centralized HIDS administration via web-based user interface.
* Continuous vulnerability monitoring that increases vulnerability detection accuracy and avoids network disruption.
* Free customer support and maintenance as well as a subscription to AlienVault Labs Threat Intelligence for the first year.
“I love the new interface on AlienVault’s USM virtual appliance, and immediately noticed the improvements to the HIDS capability,” said Mike Ahrendt, Security Officer for Grand Rapids Community College. “I’ve been using AlienVault for quite awhile, and have always appreciated how the USM solution allows us to get a quick picture of everything going on in our environment. It would be hard for me to name a better product for security operations.”
“The sometimes underserved midmarket enterprise needs its security requirements fulfilled without having to invest significantly in architecture or products and almost certainly without having to expand its IT department,” said Javvad Malik, Senior Analyst in the Enterprise Security Practice of 451 Research. “AlienVault's Unified Security Management platform will hit the nail on the head for most of these organizations. By bundling and integrating security controls such as IDS, IPS, asset discovery, vulnerability scanners and security intelligence, and supporting both virtual and cloud environments at a competitive price point, AlienVault has the potential to make significant inroads into the mid-market.”