ForeScout Technologies has teamed with Citrix to deliver enhanced BYOD and mobile security to enterprises worldwide. The companies have integrated the Citrix XenMobile MDM Edition and ForeScout CounterACT network access control for unified visibility and comprehensive control across mobile devices, users, applications, data and network attributes.
“The acceptance of corporate-provisioned and personal mobile device use has a substantial impact on IT organisations. People want to use consumer devices in the office, are bringing their own devices to work and once the device is there, expect connectivity with business assets. Clearly, organisations must secure their data, but that is not exclusive of device, network and application control,” said Scott Crawford, managing research director at Enterprise Management Associates. “By combining NAC with other security mechanisms, such as mobile device management, companies can better manage mobility risks by gaining pre-admission and post-admission mobile device intelligence and policy-based control.”
“CounterACT’s unique visibility and automated control serve as a foundational platform for network security and BYOD,” said Ed Buffone, senior director worldwide business development at ForeScout. “By collaborating with Citrix, our customers can take advantage of IT consumerisation with an approach that delivers the right level of security and manageability.”
Integrating NAC and MDM allows companies to quickly implement enterprise mobility, choose-your-own-device (CYOD) and bring-your-own-device (BYOD) strategies that are flexible, scalable and secure. NAC solves the unique challenge of enterprise BYOD with its real-time detection of the type of device connecting to the network while also providing end-to-end management and security. A market innovator, ForeScout is at the forefront of NAC and MDM and uniquely provides bi-directional integration between NAC and MDM, which makes it easier to enrol, monitor and manage new devices into the MDM system.
By combining ForeScout CounterACT and Citrix XenMobile MDM Edition enterprises realise:
* Security automation to dynamically detect in real-time unmanaged devices, such as iPads, iPhones and Androids, attempting to connect to the corporate network. The means to readily gain network and device-based controls for a variety of actions: allow, block/quarantine, limit, register as guest, segregate, and initiate device compliance inspection.
* Automated installation of Citrix XenMobile MDM Edition agent on unmanaged devices through a simple automated self-enrolment process.
* Detection of jail-broken and rooted devices with the means to negate or limit access until remediated.
* Over-the-air device configuration and corporate app catalog management to instantly provision access to corporate email, WiFi, VPN and applications.
* Enforcement of passcode policies and strong encryption keys to protect sensitive data on mobile devices.
* Mobile application blacklisting, minimum OS level verification and device feature restrictions.
* The ability to remotely locate, lock and fully or selectively wipe lost or stolen devices.
* Powerful compliance rules engine, enforced upon admission to the corporate network and continuously while connected, tested at the device and network level, with automated remediation.
* Unified visibility, control and compliance reporting for all mobile endpoint devices including PCs, smartphones, tablets, and laptops through the ForeScout CounterACT platform.
“It’s important to give businesses a holistic approach to mobile device management and security,” said Sameer Mehta, principle product manager, Citrix Mobile Platforms Group. “This integration with ForeScout delivers a best-of-breed solution that provides end-to-end mobility management and security across devices, applications, data and networks.”
The integration between ForeScout CounterACT and the Citrix XenMobile MDM Edition is provided through ForeScout Mobile, which is an add-on module to ForeScout CounterACT, the company’s award-winning network access control (NAC) platform. The ForeScout Mobile Integration Module is available from ForeScout and ForeScout’s authorised partners. By providing a range of mobile security solutions and MDM interoperability, ForeScout allows IT organisations to phase-in BYOD and “right size” their mobile security investments for different classes of users, devices and applications. The price of the ForeScout Mobile integration module for 1,000 devices or more is $18 per device (perpetual). The integration will be available in March.