A10 Networks has announced the next stage in the introduction of its new Thunder Architecture with the new entry-level A10 Thunder Series, extending its family of Unified Application Service Gateways (UASGs) to small/medium business and enterprise customers.
“Our new Thunder models extend the expansive benefits of our Unified Application Service Gateway family to the entry-level and mid-range markets,” said Lee Chen, Founder and CEO of A10 Networks. “With the new Thunder 3030S, 1030S and 930 UASGs, customers receive additional value to optimize and scale their existing infrastructure, reduce latency and cost through device consolidation, and increase management efficiency.”
Today’s networks are increasingly complex with many disparate systems that increase latency, complexity and cost. Built on A10’s scalable and flexible Advanced Core Operating System (ACOS) architecture, all the A10 Thunder UASGs integrate software modules that deliver
* Application Delivery for optimization and acceleration and multi-tenancy through virtualization to enable more applications and more services.
* Security for website and infrastructure protection.
* Cloud, Software-defined Networking (SDN) and Next Gen Networking with billing options for pay-as-you go/grow and with 3rd party vendors integration.
All are compact 1 rack-unit (RU) appliances that provide advanced functionality by consolidating premium, all-inclusive application services in a single and easy to manage platform.
The Thunder 3030S, 1030S and 930 include up to 30 percent more capacity, 500 percent more SSL performance and improved hardware, including 10 Gb port connectivity standard on all models, to run more services while increasing capacity for application intelligence and service offload. Increased capacity delivers the ability to offload multiple networking and security tasks. Customers can optimize networks, extend the lifetime of their existing devices, and reduce point solutions for device consolidation and significant CAPEX and OPEX savings. Higher 2048-bit key SSL performance enables customers to run highly secure encrypted sessions pervasively with more applications.
A10’s Thunder optimized design leads the industry in delivering benefits such as:
* Efficient Performance Value - A10’s scalable ACOS helps reduce the costs to deliver applications to as low as $0.04 per connection without any further costs for features, which is 5x lower than competitors’ similarly priced models.
* Maximum Uptime - Best–in-class hardware and design eliminates down-time. SSDs, no inaccessible moving parts, hot swap smart fans and LOM ensure availability.
* Green Networking - Highly compact, 1 RU design combined with 80 Plus “Platinum” efficiency power supplies deliver the highest performance per Watt and the lowest overall power usage.
A10 Thunder 3030S, 1030S and 930 early availability products are available immediately in EMEA. Planned local general availability dates for local EMEA channel and A10 offices are UK, Germany, Netherlands and Israel and Baltics – 27th August, Nordics, Spain and Portugal - 10th September, Italy and France and Southern Europe – 17th September, Middle East - 6th October.