The vandal-resistant Axis M50-V cameras find their best applications in public transportation areas and schools, where large numbers of people interact every day. With 360° surveillance, the cameras can be used to create a safer and more secure environment by efficiently identifying potential threats, and staying one step ahead of vandalism and crime.
Axis Communications announces indoor, vandal-resistant, hard-ceiling mounted pan/tilt/zoom dome cameras. Axis M50-V PTZ Dome Network Cameras are a solution that can for example, help to cost-effectively monitor railway station platforms and boarding areas, entrances, exits and waiting halls. They also make it possible to manage one or more locations while improving security.
“Axis M50-V cameras are affordably priced, vandal-resistant PTZ domes that give the big picture,” says Erik Frännlid, Axis’ Director of Product Management. “These cameras bring the flexibility and benefits of pan/tilt/zoom cameras, and adding the high-quality of the sturdy casing, the cameras find their ideal application in those public places where many people are gathered, such as schools, train stations and warehouses. It’s perfect for getting an overview of the ongoing synergy of the people and objects being monitored. If the layout of the place changes, the camera’s view can be changed without having to relocate the camera.”
Axis M50-V cameras provide a number of advantages and benefits when public areas need to monitored and secure. They offer a wide range of capabilities that provide an even safer and more efficient environment. These include automatic alerts, e.g. at motion, camera tampering or when someone enters a restricted area. The robust casing also provides protection against vandalism.
Axis M5013-V and AXIS M5014-V are planned to be available in Q2 2013 through Axis distribution channels.
Further features of the AXIS M50-V include:
* Axis M5013-V provides SVGA 800x600 pixel resolution. HDTV 720p in AXIS M5014-V entails a 1280 x 720 pixel resolution, progressive scan, HDTV color fidelity, full frame rate and a 16:9 format
* The camera is compact, lightweight yet tough and is both IP66- and IK10-rated (see video), making it resistant to water, dust and vandalism
* Edge storage is included
* The cameras are powered using Power over Ethernet (PoE IEEE 802.3af), which simplifies installation since a standard network cable will carry power, video and PTZ controls
* The network cable is protected in the ceiling mount to enhance tamper protection
* The camera can easily be integrated with existing security systems and with other products
The camera is supported by the industry’s largest base of video management software through the Axis Application Development Partner Program, and Axis Camera Station. The camera also includes support for Axis Camera Application Platform, Axis Video Hosting System, and ONVIF, for easy camera system integration and for application developers to provide the camera with intelligent capabilities.