Sandvine has announced the launch of the Traffic Management Dashboard, the latest addition to its Network Analytics product. The Sandvine Traffic Management Dashboard enables Internet Service Providers to carefully monitor congestion of network resources at a granular level and to respond appropriately to ensure a quality subscriber experience.
By closely integrating with Sandvine's Fairshare Traffic Management product, the Traffic Management Dashboard provides quantitative evidence of the positive subscriber impact of congestion management policies. The new dashboard also provides a Capacity Planning Calculator, which lets service providers optimize capacity investments while protecting the subscriber experience.
Sandvine Network Analytics works by aggregating and correlating granular network data from the Sandvine Policy Traffic Switch, Service Delivery Engine, and other business systems, to provide decision-makers with timely, actionable statistics and insight, packaged in user-friendly dashboards.
"Data-driven decisions served by network analytics are more accurate and lead to higher profitability," said Chris Demange, Senior Director of Core Network Engineering at Cricket Communications. "Mobile networks, devices, and users change rapidly. Sandvine's Network Analytics allows us to adapt equally rapidly."
Benefits of the new Sandvine Traffic Management Dashboard product include:
* Resource Analysis: Examine resource utilization and congestion, and monitor a 'watch list' of heavily-loaded network elements
* Network Analysis: Investigate and compare utilization metrics across the network to quantify the operational impact of congestion
* Fairshare Analysis: Audit the Sandvine Fairshare Traffic Management policies to understand the frequency and positive impact of management events
* Subscriber Persona: Discover the factors behind subscriber consumption and explore subscriber behavior through granular segmentation
* Capacity Planning Calculator: Leverage real network data and financial modeling to optimize capacity expansion decisions
"Sandvine's Traffic Management Dashboard will help ISPs by giving unique visibility into their network's resource utilization. Capacity planning is a real challenge in the face of unknowns. Network Analytics pulls back the curtain on the factors driving network usage, and integrates data from other business systems to model and optimize investment decisions." said Don Bowman, Chief Technology Officer, Sandvine.
To learn more about Sandvine's Traffic Management Dashboard solutions and see a demo, visit us at The Cable Show #1663, June 14-17 at the McCormick Place, Chicago.