Tenable Network Security has announced SecurityCenter 4.7. With this release, Tenable introduces a first-of-its-kind security “app store” – a catalogue of hundreds of apps created by Tenable researchers that provide the latest intelligence for identifying advanced threats and compliance violations.
“Tenable’s advanced analytics have allowed us to extend SecurityCenter as both a solution for security assessments and one for data center maintenance and operations. We are looking forward to the ‘security apps’ in 4.7.” said Russell Butturini, Senior Enterprise Security Architect at Healthways, a global disease management and well-being provider and ranked #8 on Information Week 500.
These analytics are directly accessible from within the SecurityCenter console and offer extensive visibility for multiple teams – network, security, operations, and compliance. The apps dramatically cut time and resources required to identify and respond to vulnerabilities, advanced threats, and compliance violations without the need to write complex scripts or rely on 3rd party tools.
Key capabilities of SecurityCenter 4.7 include:
* New and simpler framework for creating and updating dashboards, dynamic asset lists, and reports.
* Extended mobile device coverage to track mobile device types, users, and vulnerabilities through active, passive scanning and MDM integration.
* Remediation report summarising vulnerabilities, most effective remediation, as well as time to remediate.
* Support for SCAP 1.2. Users can upload and download SCAP files for use in scan jobs.
* Allows user to accept and recast risk rules to adjust priority based on customer specific requirements.
“Tenable’s mandate is to protect its clients 24/7, so we realise that our solutions’ capabilities need to be as dynamic as the current threat landscape,” said Ron Gula, CEO of Tenable. “We provide customers with the only real-time vulnerability management platform with built-in scan, log, and network analysis technology to assess IT infrastructure risk. With this release, we’re making SecurityCenter even more strategic for our customers by providing direct access to the latest security and compliance intelligence as identified by our world class researchers.”