Dell SecureWorks has launched a new Targeted Threat Hunting service aimed at finding cyber attackers who might be lurking in an organisation’s network, intent on committing a breach. This solution is the last addition to the company’s Targeted Threat Services portfolio, a comprehensive suite of security services designed specifically to combat targeted cyber attacks.
Using cyber intelligence and proprietary hunting technology from the Counter Threat UnitTM (CTU) research team, Dell SecureWorks experts will thoroughly search an entity’s IT networks and host computers for evidence of a compromise, making use of pre-determined intelligence of adversaries and their methods. The CTU Special Operations team will search for any indication hackers might be operating in the organisation’s environment. If found, they will conduct an extensive study of the threat, outline a plan to eradicate the hackers, and put defences in place to prevent them from re-entering.
Every week, Dell SecureWorks learns about sophisticated threat actors who morph their techniques to penetrate an organisation’s computer networks. Once in, hackers expand their access privileges laterally across the network and introduce additional malware into the environment to maintain a persistent presence.
Most organisations lack the threat intelligence, malware analysis and forensic capabilities needed to understand the full scope of the threat and extent of the compromise.
“The most informative way to determine if a targeted threat is present in an environment is to collect and analyse data from network and endpoints in unison” said Jon Ramsey, Dell SecureWorks CTO. “We use instrumentation, advanced analytics and visualisation tools coupled with security threat intelligence and years of incident response experience from the Counter Threat Unit to locate the compromise, and contain and remediate the threat.”
Dell SecureWorks’ Targeted Threat Services address the entire attack cycle and are designed specifically to combat targeted cyber attacks. Fueled by CTU intelligence, Targeted Threat Services help anticipate the attackers, detect their tradecraft, disrupt their process and eradicate their presence. The services include the following:
* Targeted Threat Intelligence –ever-present intelligence and context on threat actors and tradecraft being used to target one’s organisation or industry;
* Red Teaming – targeted attack simulation using real-world tactics, techniques and procedures;
* Targeted Threat Hunting – deep inspection of networks and hosts for indicators of attacker presence;
* Managed Advanced Malware Protection – detection and blocking of targeted malware deployment and communications;
* Targeted Threat Response - identification, containment and removal of cyber attacker presence and advanced tradecraft with surgical precision; and,
* Enterprise iSensor - Network intrusion protection from malicious traffic that evades one’s firewall.
In addition to Targeted Threat Services, Dell SecureWorks offers an array of other Security & Risk Consulting Services, Threat Intelligence Services, Incident Response and Digital Forensics Services and its Managed Security Services.