Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Mobile Phone Biometric Security" report to their offering.
Mobile phone biometric security is a strategic analysis of the market for mobile phone biometric security products and services. This 200+ page report includes an investigation on current mobile phone biometric technologies. A detailed market analysis is supported with unique interviews with key stakeholders in the mobile phone biometric security ecosystem. Forecasts for growth opportunities, global and regional, are also included for the five years from 2011 until 2015.
Market for mobile phone biometric security products and services set to grow and will generate over $161 million revenue by 2015
The report, Mobile Phone Biometric Security - Analysis and Forecasts 2011 - 2015, shows that the key drivers behind this market growth and the adoption of mobile phone biometric security include:
* Device security protection: Protecting the device against unauthorised access is the biggest driver for mobile phone biometric security. This includes protection of both apps and the data that resides on the device
* Mobile Commerce: The growth of mCommerce and the need to effectively secure the ecosystem on the mobile
* NFC: The contactless technology that is reaching tipping point could well be a major driver
* Convenient alternative to PINs and password: Swiping a finger on a phone or providing a verbal voiceprint' can be an easier and far more convenient way to provide authentication than conventional technologies
* As part of a multi-factor authentication solution: With the recent attack on RSA, leading to vulnerabilities being exposed in its SecureID token technology, there is a pressing need for strong and agile authentication solutions - mobile phone-based biometric security can be a viable part of this solution
* Military and law enforcement: A cost-effective method for capturing biometric data and verifying identity in the field