With its new Secure Web Gateway (SWG), the German IT Security specialist gateprotect is launching a new security product with innovative WebGUI. The solution is a security system for complex IT infrastructures and creates an additional security layer in the network of large companies. The specialized platform is able to respond to threats quickly thanks to a combination of several technologies and thus relieves the firewall and provides for maximum security.
Right in time for the CeBIT (Hall 12, booth C82), gateprotect AG Germany is presenting a new security solution for the enterprise market by launching the Secure Web Gateway (SWG). The security specialists of gateprotect are thus addressing the new security risks that have evolved through working in the cloud and with web-based applications as well as an increased use of social media channels in companies.
The Secure Web Gateway (SWG) is focused on the defence against malware and combines several technologies for detecting and preventing undesired data traffic. For example, the social media guidelines of a company can now be monitored and regulated better.
The platform developed by gateprotect AG Germany combines an innovative WebGUI with a unique multi-admin concept as well as the functionalities of a Secure Web Gateway on a high-performing hardware. “Our new security product can address the manifold and steadily evolving web 2.0 threats in a more targeted manner”, explains Stephan Ziegler, CTO of gateprotect AG Germany. “The SWG relieves the firewall and provides for a better performance. Moreover, the unique graphic operating concept of the WebGUI saves time, reduces errors and facilitates the work even for several administrators working simultaneously.”
In the multi-user concept of the WebGUI, all logged-in administrators as well as the details of current workflows are visible. Thus, it can be seen clearly who is working on what and who has just modified or deleted what. In the chatbox, all logged-in security specialists can exchange their thoughts or follow the communication of the others. This facilitates the work especially in larger networks with a complex IT infrastructure and several responsible administrators and assures a better overview.
As a matter of principle, the SWG platform supports both IPv4 and IPv6, which is important especially in mixed networks. Since the configuration interface is functioning as a web client, only a browser is required.
The functionalities at a glance:
* detection, recognition of malware and protection against it
* URL filter: dynamic categorization of websites
* Content Inspection: filtering of websites based on contents
* Application Control: control of the way how applications in the web environment (web 2.0 applications) are used and deployed
* authentication of users: the user context is included in the set of rules
* central management via the platform-independent WebGUI with multi-user concept
* extensive reporting / logging and auditing
* full support of IPv4 and IPv6
Customer benefits at a glance:
* specific, efficient security platform creates an additional security layer in the network
* relieves firewall systems in complex infrastructures
* fit for the future through support of mixed IPv4 and IPv6 networks
* browser-based user interface, allows for secure administration from different locations
* unique graphic operating concept saves time, reduces operator errors and facilitates the work even for several administrators working simultaneously
* administrators working at the same time can communicate directly and efficiently avoid potential conflicts in the configuration