Dell has announced a new rugged solution specifically designed for military personnel, public safety workers and other professionals that regularly work in extreme conditions and harsh industrial environments. The new line of rugged solutions gives customers the best of both worlds – high quality performance and durability. This new line of notebooks, coupled with solutions such as Dell’s Mobile Video Evidence Management solution launching today as well, truly addresses specific customer needs in any environment.
Historically, customers had to choose between quality performance and survivability. The new line of rugged solutions delivers best-in-class, both in performance and design. It will withstand the harshest conditions from extreme heat and bad weather commonly faced in combat conditions and construction sites.
The rugged laptop solutions, including the Latitude E6420 XFR and semi-rugged Latitude E6420 ATG are designed to work in the toughest environments. Enhancements to the portfolio include increased battery life, an anti-glare LCD display, and hardened by fully rugged Ballistic Armor. Additionally, the solutions are created to address specific customer issues with integration of additional IT features. For example, the Dell Mobile Video Evidence Management for public safety professionals allows a secure, end-to-end solution for mobile video capture, transmission, storage and retrieval. Dell’s Mobile Digital Forensics solution allows for on-site investigation of any USB enabled digital storage device using one piece of technology. Dell is also partnering with Crystal Group Inc. to provide rugged servers. Each provide military and public safety customers capable and powerful solutions that offer customers the ability to collect and analyze important evidence and intelligence while in the field.
Specific features of these solutions include:
Latitude E6420 XFR and ATG E6420
* Increased performance driven by Intel Core i7/i5/i3 integrated or 512MB discrete graphics
* Sunlight-readable, impact-resistant 14.0” wide-aspect LCD with Direct Vue on the XFR and 14.0” HD WLED Resistive Touchscreen on the ATG that allow each to be responsive even with gloves
* Increased battery life and options including 6 cell battery and a 12 cell slice on XFR and a six or nine cell option and E-slice on ATG - both have optional hot-swappable media bay battery
* Latitude E6420 XFR passes a 6 foot MIL-STD transit drop on a single unit that has also been subjected to a full round of 4 and 5 foot drops for a total of 78 drops
Mobile Video Evidence Management
* Pre-imaged video capture software available on Dell rugged laptops including the Latitude E6400 XFR, XT2 XFR and ATG models
* Image stabilized in-cab video cameras (up to four) with up to 26X zoom, redundant video stream capture
* The integrity of evidence is protected from point of capture, to the data repository and ultimately the courtroom
* By capturing information in a digital format, physical storage requirements and related costs are reduced, and professionals can directly upload evidence wirelessly from a patrol vehicle to a central evidence repository saving time and increasing efficiency
Mobile Digital Forensics
* Built to expand on Dell’s original Digital Forensics solution for parallel processing of digital evidence
* Automatically and securely examines data stored in PCs, laptops and mobile phones (including MAC OS and Linux), both volatile memory and hard drives, USB sticks and other external memory devices, and satellite navigation systems
* Analyzes and reviews live and deleted files in all image, movie and Microsoft Office file formats as well as internet activity, email, internet chat and online search terms
Rugged Server Equipment:
* Ruggedized to meet MIL_STD-810 environments
* Shock/vibe, temperature, and sand/dust/immersion protected
* 2.53 GHz T9400 Intel Penryn CPU with a 4 MB cache
* Superior cooling with high-speed, high-volume, thermostatically controlled fans that offer maximum airflow and are designed for extended and extreme use
Joe Ayers, Vice President and General Manager of Defense Sales, Dell Public “We are proud of the fact that at Dell, the experience we gain with customers often translates into solutions we deliver. Through the close relationships we’re able to develop with our customers we are able to address specific customer pain points with powerful and flexible IT. This line of rugged solutions is a perfect example as customers are no longer forced to choose between survivability and performance.”