G4S Secure Solutions has hailed the UK’s ‘busiest ever’ events weekend a success, after keeping nearly a million people safe and secure.
G4S Events, the specialist events management arm of G4S, provided security support for events ranging from the T in the Park music festival in Kinross, Scotland, to the Formula 1 Grand Prix at Silverstone, over the weekend of 8, 9 and 10 July 2011.
Across the 11 major events taking place throughout the UK over the weekend, more than 3,500 trained G4S Events staff were responsible for a wide variety of safety and security services in areas ranging from backstage management at arenas, to access control and ticket fraud detection, to the safe management of crowds numbering as many as 280,000 .
Mark Hamilton, Managing Director of G4S Events, commented: “Calling upon over 30 years’ experience in event and crowd management allows G4S to design and deliver safety and security solutions that ensured the comfort and enjoyment of those attending events over what was our busiest ever events weekend.
“The successful management of nearly one million event goers is not down to any one factor, but to a combination of experienced management, highly trained staff and most of all, excellent teamwork.”
The success of the weekend highlights why G4S Events is the chosen security provider to events and venues across the UK.
Below is the breakdown of events and their attendances managed by G4S Events across the UK over the weekend:
* Formula 1 British Grand Prix, Silverstone – 280,000
* T in the Park, Balado, Fife – 225,000
* Sonisphere , Knebworth – 170,000
* Wakefield Festival, Cardiff – 80,000
* Greenwich Equestrian Olympic Test Event, London – 40,000
* Davis Cup, Braehead, Glasgow – 36,000
* England vs Sri Lanka One Day test match, Old Trafford, Manchester– 27,000
* July Festival, Newmarket – 20,000
* R&A Golf (1 day only) – 15,000
* Lancashire Lightning v Nottinghamshire Outlaws - 10,000
* Huddersfield Race for Life – 6,500