The highest quality of protection and reporting can be achieved within a disparate multi-site campus environment, through effective integration and use of a single control platform with in-built data analysis and reporting tools.
This is the message that Synectics - whose integrated CCTV solutions are used at a number of UK universities including Sheffield Hallam and Leeds - is delivering at AUCSO 2013.
The Synectics team will provide live solution and integration demonstrations on Stand 19. The security systems specialist is keen to highlight to higher education security professionals the benefits of the Synergy, security management platform.
Tony Holloway, Public Space – Sector Lead, Synectics, comments: “A single integrated CCTV control platform gives campus security teams a clear and accurate understanding of what is happening on site at all times, across multiple areas, and the ability to plan proactive, or deliver reactive, security measures accordingly.
Beneficial applications to be discussed will include:
* Tracking security card holders so that any unauthorised or irregular activity triggers immediate visual alerts - particularly useful for high security areas such as research facilities or IT bases.
* Remote video verification of alarm events, including the ability to set and re-set alarm systems in un-manned areas on campus.
* Integration with tablet devices for on-site security foot patrols.
* Facilities management integration e.g. real time reporting on system failures such as heating which may impact on student attendance.
* Using video analytics to monitor campus traffic or suspicious behaviour around key ‘danger’ areas such as cash points, bike racks or walkways likely to have late night ‘lone student’ footfall.
Azadar Shah, Managing Director for Synectics’ networks division, comments: “AUCSO is an important date in the calendar for security professionals in higher education, and we welcome this opportunity to showcase our latest technology for universities; in particular our ability to bring together multi-site systems into a single control platform with full integrated reporting capabilities.”