Bit9 has announced the introduction of the Bit9 Security Platform for Mac OS X. Built from the ground up for seamless integration with Mac desktops, laptops and servers, Bit9 for Mac offers the same industry-leading security innovations of the Bit9 Platform for Windows and delivers three industry firsts:
* It is the first enterprise security solution that continuously monitors and records all activity on Mac desktops, laptops and servers.
* It is the first enterprise security solution for Macs that detects and stops Mac-targeted advanced threats and zero-day attacks without using signatures.
* It is the first security solution for Macs that integrates with network security devices such as FireEye and Palo Alto Networks to accelerate incident response and ensure all files arriving on endpoints and servers are safe.
Business users are driving demand for Macs across the enterprise. Until now, the few enterprise security products available for the Mac were dependent on malware signatures and behavioural patterns, which makes them ineffective against today’s advanced threats and targeted attacks. Organizations and analysts are concerned that Macs now represent a growing vulnerability in the enterprise. With Bit9 for Mac, IT and security teams can support their employees’ desire to use Macs while ensuring the highest level of security against today’s threat landscape. And enterprises that deploy Bit9 for Windows and Bit9 for Mac are able to manage all of their endpoints and servers from a single console.
Bit9 for Mac defends enterprises against advanced threats and delivers key benefits for advanced threat protection and compliance purposes, including:
* Visibility: Know what’s running on every Mac OS X endpoint and server—right now
* Detection: Real-time, signature-less detection of advanced threats and zero-day attacks
* Protection: Stop all untrusted software from executing on any Mac.
* Forensics: A complete recorded history and full audit trail of all threat-related activity on every Mac for immediate incident analysis and response
* Network security integration: A first-of-its-kind integration with next-generation network security solutions from industry leaders such as FireEye and Palo Alto Networks for accelerated incident response and remediation
Brian Hazzard, vice president of product management at Bit9 said: “The proliferation of Macs in the enterprise has exposed organizations to a fast-growing security challenge. For the past 20 years, Windows endpoints and servers have been the target of most malware. Now, with Macs being deployed in record numbers, enterprises urgently need new solutions to stop threats targeted specifically at Macs. We built Bit9 for Mac from the ground up to provide the same unmatched security for Macs in the enterprise that we do for Windows endpoints and servers.
There’s no other Mac security solution on the market that delivers continuous monitoring and recording and stops advanced attacks without relying on signatures. Now, enterprises can manage Mac and Windows security from a single Bit9 console. The bar for Mac security has been raised sky high.”
Fran Howarth, security practice leader, Bloor Research added: “Macs are a reality in the enterprise IT ecosystem, and as they proliferate, they are increasingly vulnerable to advanced threats and targeted attacks. It’s a big mistake for enterprise security teams to underestimate the potential risks their Mac deployments represent. Bit9 has delivered a version of its platform for Mac that addresses this growing problem with a true enterprise-class security solution that offers real-time monitoring and recording and the same level of protection against untrusted software it offers for Windows.”