The BORDERPOL Conference & Exhibition will see the international border management and security industry policymakers and practitioners convene in London on 16th-17th October to discuss the latest border protection issues and challenges.
Controlling and managing international borders in the 21st Century continues to challenge the border control and immigration agencies around the world. It is generally agreed that in a globalised world that borders are as open as possible, yet threats continue to remain in ever evolving circumstances and situations.
Advancements in technology are assisting in the battle to maintain safe and secure international travel. The border security professional still remains the front line against these threats.
The BORDERPOL Annual Conference is a high level 2 day event that will discuss and debate current and future policies, implementation issues and challenges as well as new and developing technologies that contribute towards safe and secure border and migration management.
Supported by the UK Border Force, responsible for protection of the United Kingdom's borders, Tony Smith, Interim Head of UK Border Force will join the new UK Immigration Minister, Mark Harper MP, and Jason Kenney PC MP, Canadian Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism as opening keynote speakers, the conference is anticipated to deliver excellent thought provoking discussion and debate on the future of international border management and protection.
Tactics and Tools for Effective Border Management
The conference programme will cover key issues from policy challenges and inter-agency co-operation to the protection of Europe’s frontiers, as well as a panel discussion on successes and failures of the Schengen Area.
With presentations from many international border agencies, giving their perspectives and challenges, including:
- Police Chief Quaestor Ioan Buda, General Inspector, Border Police of Romania
- Police General Nenad Banovic, Head of Border Police Directorate, Serbia
- Mr Luis Gouveia, Borders Central Director, Immigration and Borders Service – Ministry of Interior Portugal
- Colonel Antti Hartikainen, Director General of National Board of Customs, Finland
- Mr Doug McLellan, Assistant Director, Maritime and Aviation Operations, UK Border Force, UK
- Col.dr. Gizella Vas, Head of Border Policing Dept, National Police of Hungary
- Ms Andreea Niculiu, Head of Service (Directorate) for European Affairs and International Relations , Border Police of Romania
- Tony Smith, Interim Head of UK Border Force and Gold Commander, London 2012 Olympic Programme, UK Border Force, UK
- Major Grzegorz Niemiec, Deputy Director of the Commanding Centre, Polish Border Guards
A full conference programme and further information can be viewed on the Borderpol web site.
Executive Director of BORDERPOL, Thomas Tass said “BORDERPOL is delighted and honoured to be welcoming such a high profile line up of international speakers and delegates to London. The inaugural BORDERPOL Conference & Exhibition will deliver great debate and discussion of the future of border management and protection and I’m confident it is set to become one of the most important annual events in the border control calendar.”
“We invite the border agencies of the world to London on 16th-17th October to collaborate and co-operate with international colleagues and counterparts, towards making travelling and migration movement smarter and safer.”